Friday 6 January 2017

Pond Cleaning Outdoor Gardening Gloves.

I like to have several pairs of gardening gloves for different uses around the garden. I do like the feel of warm earth and plants, but I do have quite sensitive delicate skin so I need to be sensible. 

Gloves keep my hands clean and reduce the risk of cuts and abrasions and any risk of coming into contact with allergic reactions from some plants. In the colder months, they go some way to keeping my hands a bit warmer. This is even more relevant when talking about working in or clearing wildlife or indeed any other type of pond. 

Some gardeners prefer to garden without gloves and I understand that. Personally, I need gloves and especially for those really messy jobs like clearing the pond. 

These Briers Drain & Pond Cleaning Outdoor Gardening Gloves  are great for that as they are arm length so no water seeping in over the top. They are also elasticated at the top for extra protection and are of course waterproof. They are one size but I imagine will fit most people OK. 

Especially in a wildlife garden, there will also be quite a lot of organic matter and you will want to be careful when removing debris so that you do not harm any wildlife. 

It is always best to put any weeds you remove on the side of the pond for a while so that any small creatures can escape back into the water before you dispose of it.  

are very useful as you can grasp and move plants around as well without getting cold water and mud literally up to your elbows or armpits! I find it hard to have my bare hands in cold water for very long so a nice covering and long gloves are essential.

So probably not a product you need every day or even every week, but when you do need them they are very useful indeed! If you know someone who has a wildlife pond they could be a very welcome and thoughtful gift. 

Follow Jasmine Ann Raintree's board Diary Of A Wild Country Garden on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment.